KI4BBO.org Forum Index :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups
Register :: Log in :: Profile

clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel

KI4BBO.org Forum Index // Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsniderman

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
I installed your Click Me php script. I changed the configuration settings. Set my desired username and passworld to "test" in small letters.

I am on a windows server. All of the files are in a folder (clickme)off of the root which has read, write capabilities for all files in the folder.

When I typed in the following url

http://www.jsniderman.com/clickme/outadmin.php

I got this error message.

Sorry, authorized access only.

There was no log in screen, no prompts, just a blank screen with the error message with the info.jpg on the left side.

Any ideas what to do next ?
anm
Site Moderator

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
Odd. . .people keep posting with problems on ClickMe and I never had trouble. . .weird
lsniderman

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
This is the first time that I have tried to use a script so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Are you familiar with windows based servers? My ISP helped me set up the "clickme" folder so that it has read and write permissions.

In your instructions you say to "CHMOD data.txt to 777". I assume that because I am on a windows server that this is not required. Is that correct? If not what should I do?

Here is a copy of my clickmeconfig.php file. Perhaps this will show you what I am doing wrong:

// Which file should we use for the count data?

$COUNT_FILE = "data.txt";

// What username and password would you like?
$LOGIN = "test";
$PASSWORD = "test";

//What is the title of your site?
$SITETITLE = "JSniderman & Associates";

//What is the baseurl of your site? No trailing slash
$BASEURL = "http://www.jsniderman.com"
?>

Thanks for any help is solving this problem.
posborne
Site Moderator

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
I am not too sure how the windows filesystem handles permissions -- It must have some system; otherwise it would be extemely insecure.

Using your ftp client click on the file that needs to be changed to 777 and check its properties -- give everyone pretty much all permissions to the file (Read, Write, Execute for Group, Public...) Just a guess; good luck; never used the script myself.
Josh
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
This problem is caused by the login method I am using, its using the header() command, and I dont think that works if you are using the CGI version of php.

In the upcoming version 2.0, I have an option to turn off the password protection.

Josh

Get Firefox! | Don't drop the torch - Spread Firefox
posborne
Site Moderator

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
Or you could use a different kind of protection than HTTP by using form input and sessions (and cookies as an option) -- takes a bit more coding though
lsniderman

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer so I would not know how to incorporate form input, sessions or cookies into any script.

You mention that version 2.0 is coming out. Do you have any estimated date of availability?

Also do you know of any other link tracking scripts that would work in the windows environment that I am in?

Thanks and a Happy New Year.
Josh
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
lsniderman wrote:
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer so I would not know how to incorporate form input, sessions or cookies into any script.

You mention that version 2.0 is coming out. Do you have any estimated date of availability?

Also do you know of any other link tracking scripts that would work in the windows environment that I am in?

Thanks and a Happy New Year.

It should be coming out soon, very soon

Josh

lsniderman

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
How will I know when it is available? Can you send me an email when it is release?

Thanks,
Josh
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
lsniderman wrote:
How will I know when it is available? Can you send me an email when it is release?

Thanks,

Sure, it should be availble today, as soon as I finish packing it, and re-writing the readme file.

You will get an email

Josh

lsniderman

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
Thanks,

I will be on the look out for it.
Josh
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: clickme script not allowing authorized access to admin panel
Version 2.0 of ClickMe is out!

All registered forum members should have got an email.

Download it here: https://ki4bbo.org/scripts/clickme2.zip

Josh

KI4BBO.org Forum Index // Bugs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Theme By: Andrew Charron